cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX870 says paper is jammed but there is no paper in it

fiveaugers
Apprentice

I keep getting an error message that says the rear paper is jammed. There is no paper in the machine anywhere. This printer is only a month old.

74 REPLIES 74

Hello! 

Welcome to the Canon Community Forum, and thank you for your post!

The Contact Us link is actually the words "Contact Us"! If you hover over it in the answer above you should see the hyperlink that you can click.

Hope this helps!

Still no success - no paper in the print path - and error 1300 persists.

My printer is an MG2522 and I had it for three months, and reports the same problem.

That phone number actually belongs to a different company.

Hi, ptkenanderson!  If you're referring to 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), that number has belonged to Canon USA for a very long time.  The same number is also used by our colleagues Canon Canada and which company you reach will depend on which side of the border you're on.  If you're in a different country, you can get in contact with the Canon company in your region by visiting THIS LINK and clicking on the map.

Hope this helps!

Sir

I have also the same problem I have tried it various time but it doesn't work.

I request you to give me any solution

@Michael wrote:

Hello.

Please try the following to see if we can resolve your issue:

1.  Turn the printer off.

2.  Unplug the power from the printer for at least 5-10 minutes.

3.  While unplugged, remove any paper from the unit.

4.  Double check for any obstructions found in the unit or paper paths.

5.  If no obstructions are found, plug the power back in and turn the unit on.

If the issue persists, please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

@Michael wrote:

Hello.

Please try the following to see if we can resolve your issue:

1.  Turn the printer off.

2.  Unplug the power from the printer for at least 5-10 minutes.

3.  While unplugged, remove any paper from the unit.

4.  Double check for any obstructions found in the unit or paper paths.

5.  If no obstructions are found, plug the power back in and turn the unit on.

If the issue persists, please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

MG2560 NO PAPER IN PAPERJAM

@rwhughes wrote:

Hi, me too!  I'd like to be included in the answer to  "fiveaugers"  question.

I have a PIXMA MX870 and have the following message:

"ERROR"

"Paper Output Slot"

The paper is jammed"

"Clear the paper and press OK"

There is no paper in the machine.  I've pressed "OK" numerous times.  I've even unplugged the printer from the wall outlet  ...  still have the same message.

One of the unfortunate side affects to this, is that it has locked the printer in print mode, and I can't access any of the other features (FAX, Copy, Scan).

I DON'T KNOW THIS TYPE OF WORDING

Hi GORDON-MAXWELL,

The PIXMA MG2560 is only sold overseas, and because of this, is not supported by Canon USA.  To further assistance with resolving the paper issues that you are experiencing, it is recommended that Canon Australia is contacted using this link:

https://www.canon.com.au/support

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Canon,

I have a MG3022.  I have the same issue with paper jam message.  There is no paper jammed.  I unplugged for 15 mins and plugged back in.  The unit is maybe two months old.  It has been used maybe 5 times.  Aside from telling me you are sorry what else do you have? 

Announcements