cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX870 says paper is jammed but there is no paper in it

fiveaugers
Apprentice

I keep getting an error message that says the rear paper is jammed. There is no paper in the machine anywhere. This printer is only a month old.

74 REPLIES 74

MG2950 (I know it is UK bought but only forum I have found) - same annoying problem running from my MacBook Pro and Win 10 PC.  No obvious stuck paper. Is there no option for a forced reset or similar? Reloading the driver has not worked.

I am assuming a faulty sensor somewhere so printer kaput!

I had the same problem and it drove me crazy.....BUT IF FIXED IT...........I put a piece of card stock into the paper input tray and when it started to suck it in I kept pressure on the top of the card stock.........Once I did that several times.....It started printing on regular paper without a problem.  I even printed some photos then with no problems.

I hope this works for some of you.....

Ron*

I suddenly have the same problem. There WAS an envelope jommed in the rear, but even after removing it, I'm getting the same message & am unable to use printer. Model PIXMA MX922. Less than 6 months old.

I have had the same problem with mine. I'm in college and purchased it for when I don't want to go to the library to print something. I have literally printed one page and have had an error since. Unfortunately I threw out the box and receipt when i opened it even though I didn't use it till a week later. Extremely disappointed. That $40 could have bought this college kid food for two weeks. 

printer says it needs paper but there is some in it

Hi, davidcal!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, search our knowledge base or contact our US-based technical support team at http://canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks and have a great day!

I have a reasonably new MG-2920 I had just picked up some canon paper for it so as to save my really expensive heavy HP paper that i've used for several months with no problem at all. First page to print on a new computer and only one page printed after that the wheels kept spinning as though it thought that the paper didn't come out, but it did. I keeps telling me to clear the paper jam and pust the coulor copy button. it doesn;t even try to turn a page in or out just keeps saying clear paper jam over and over again. I've tried to use my old computer in hopes that there was some kind of a mis communication with the new computer to no avail.  I've looked right through the printer with a high powered flashlight and found no paper whatsoever. somebody please help!!!!

I had the same problem so I called Canon and they sent out a new printer. Now all is well. There is no way you can fix this yourself.

lynch82600
Apprentice
I solved my problem also. I returned my canon and purchased an HP. Works like a champ!

I have a MG2522 printer. Had a HP before and switched because of problems. Now this one is saying jammed but ther's no paper. How do I fix this?

Announcements