cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX870 says paper is jammed but there is no paper in it

fiveaugers
Apprentice

I keep getting an error message that says the rear paper is jammed. There is no paper in the machine anywhere. This printer is only a month old.

74 REPLIES 74

I'm new here please could you tell me how to seek out help for my problem. I have a MG-2920 with a false paper jam message coming up. it's reasonably new just over 3 or 4 months. i only recently had to replace the factory installed ink cartridges you know the 10% filled demo ones that come with the printer when you buy it new. I can't seem to find out where to post a question asking for help.

Hello.

Please try the following to see if we can resolve your issue:

1.  Turn the printer off.

2.  Unplug the power from the printer for at least 5-10 minutes.

3.  While unplugged, remove any paper from the unit.

4.  Double check for any obstructions found in the unit or paper paths.

5.  If no obstructions are found, plug the power back in and turn the unit on.

If the issue persists, please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have a Canon Pixma MG3620 that is about 1 year old. I have been getting a message claiming there is a paper jam but there is NO paper and NO OTHER OBSTRUCTION that can be detected in the machine. I have repeatedly followed the instructions to fix it, and there is NO PAPER. I also have cleaned the rollers with isopropyl 91% alcohol. I have turned the machine off and unplugged it for an extended time. Nothing works. I am especially unhappy because the ONLY TIME I have the time to deal with stuff like this is on a Saturday morning and Your 800 number support line is NOT OPEN TODAY.

Please tell me what I can do at home to fix this and make it work.

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi EGunn,

Since the error wont clear,  please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays) so they can look into your service options.

We look forward to hearing from you.  

Ramblerkat
Contributor

I have the same problem and my printer is less than a month old.  I have a Canon MG29222   there is absolutely no paper in it anywhere, I have uplugged and waited 5 minutes, plugged back in and still no go.  It has been very noisy from the very get go.  This is my first Canon printer and probably my last.  I'm very disappointed as I have a Canon camera which I love.  This printer is horribler.

I have an MG2922 as well and it's a piece of junk.  From day one it keeps telling me the port is in use, even though it's not. (I only have one computer hooked up to print wirelessly.) Now it keeps telling me a paper jam- but there is no paper jammed.  I just printed 1 page and when I went to print page 2- it suddenly said paper jam.  Now it's making weird clicking noises. I'm going to return it this week and get a different brand.  I'm highly disappointed in this printer.

Me too, wish i stuck with HP printers.  My Pixma MG3500 has been rubbish from the start, after  just a month i can no longer print.

I solved my problem.  I went and bought a hp.   I'm disappointed as I use a canon camera and think highly of their reputation.  I hope they do something to put out better printers.

THis is the wrst printer I have ever owned I have tried everything and it doesnt help . It crapped out the first time I changed the ink. You should be ashamed of yourselves you rip\ off artists! F U!!!!

I have been disappointed with theoir products. My first Canon productwas a SLR camera. Absolute POS! I repeatedly took it in to Canon to see why I was having bad pictures.  Canon themselves could not fix it. So, I gave up and sold it for a pittance. No more Canon.

I now swear by HP. lexmark is not bad, either, but HP takes the cake.

Announcements