cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG5320 says no paper when I have paper

Emmrut
Apprentice

I tried to print a web page wirelessly from my iPad on my canon mg 5320. I have had no problem before. Now it says error, cassette. There is no paper. Load paper then push start. I had plenty of paper loaded. I reloaded and pushed start...same message

61 REPLIES 61

vhicpicker
Apprentice

I just figure it out ... so the default settings for y laptop is "letter" wherein I usually use the a4 size of paper. you just have to go to devices and printers then right-click the installed ir2525 and click printer preference.. then beside the print test page change it to whatever paper you have inside your printer (SIZE) hope it helps ... vic

Gunni
Apprentice

I´ve bin dealing with my printer for some months now (maby a year).
It always says no paper, feed paper in and hit the button, I hit the button and it prints. Thing is I sometimes have to do this several times and sometimes I give the papers in the trey a litle push with my finger. It is never missing a paper but it always starts on saying so. Today I desided to fix it and have bin following al sorts of suggestions from those comments above plus what my computer has to offer. But still......"no paper"

CPrinter
Apprentice

This is very annoying especially since I only just bought this printer, certainly does not leave me with a good immpression of Canon. 

Anyways there is no issue I can see with this printer at all yet it keep saying low paper or no paper (the paper supply is so full it can't fit any more)  I tried the all of the suggestions in this forum, cleaning, checking the setting etc

My printer is the Canon Prixma TR4527 - the setting device setting etc do not mention or allow you to set up anything other then the cassette which I take to mean the part where the paper normally sits. My printer does have a feeder at the top, however like I said no where in the settings does it mentionor allow the printer to take paper from there at all - absloutely nothing and believe me I have spent enough time going through the setting - it simply is not there 

So now the printer won't printer and continue to say the same thing over and over again, still no issue that is noticable and the printer does not mention anything else

It would be nice if Canon had the ability to show some respect for their customers and at least acknowledged the issues with their own products by putting up suggestions on trouble-shooting  if not the solution to the problem on this and other forums  Honestly I dont have time trying to call them to sit on hold for who knows how long, then remain on the line with them only to be let down in the end and have all of my time wasted, there are some people who work for a living - disappointed indeed 

I feel I may have to investigate this company more and make sure they do not own or have ties to other printer companies (i.e. HP, Brother etc)  or any other companies at all 

Sometime companies open up other companies, people might refer to them as the sister comp or brother company, parent and child companies. Honestly I am not please and I have already begun to tell people of my horrible experiences with this Canon product, waste of time never mind everything else - this just to make sure I don't get stuck with another Canon lemon again

DeborahEastwell
Apprentice

@Emmrut wrote:
I tried to print a web page wirelessly from my iPad on my canon mg 5320. I have had no problem before. Now it says error, cassette. There is no paper. Load paper then push start. I had plenty of paper loaded. I reloaded and pushed start...same message

I took out lower paper tray, flipped printer on its side and found that one of the plastic springs was stuck upwards. Gently pushed it back down and hey presto printer works again 😀😀

Broadsword
Apprentice

Hi For those with Printer saying no paper in cassette 2 (Support code 1008) I also had the same problem. I printed 2 pages and ran out of paper, inserted new paper and had the 'No paper in cassette 2 '  problem. I tried various things the forum said with no joy, then I moved the paper up from the back of the cassette by around 12mm (1/2") and now it works fine.

Not sure if things are wearing out a bit but this appears to have done the trick for my MG7550 printer, worth a try if you are still having problems.

Ok

Cheers

Broadsword

GENIUS! Thank you! Had tried for hours to repair, following advise above and other checks - all to no avail....

Then took your idea & simply checked to be sure the paper "stop" guide was in proper alignment - it was off the "letter" setting by a fraction. Realigned it and voila' - it printed perfectly! Kudos!

walidzangar
Apprentice

I RESOLVED this issue. This is how i did it:

-Printer model LBP5050

-First my printer could print only test page and did all the tests and calibration and so on with success.

-Printer was printing ok using Manual feed slot but not printing in auto mode or Casette mode. I had error message out of paper" when casette was loaded and full of paper!

-I checked that there is no paper jammed// no paper jammed

-Tried to restart the spooler service with no success.

-Tried to restart the printer and the PC with no success.

-My casette was full of paper still i was getting the error message "out of paper"

Solution:

1) ENTER Printer/Printing settings for your printer model

2) Click on default settings on all tabs (Page setup, finishing,paper source and Quality tab)

3) Click on " profile: " and scroll down to or change it to  "Scale to fit A4" (providing you are using A4 paper)

That's it ! Enjoy.

wmayhma
Apprentice

We had the same problem and it was very frustrating.  However, we have two Canon 1320 printers and we switched cartridges to see if that made a difference and it did.  Then the other printer didn't work so the problem had to be with the cartridge itself.  I then removed all of the paper out of the cartridge that didn't work and discovered that someone had not loaded the paper in properly and the bottom three sheets were curled up in the front over an inch.  Woops.  So, I simply reloaded the paper in properly and it worked fine.  Problem solved for us.  Good luck on yours.

rosstifer
Apprentice

So I figured it out for windows users anyway...

go to windows settings

devices

printers and scanners

select your printer and go to manage

printing preferences

click maintenance tab

choose custom settings

uncheck prevent paper double-feed

click okay and apply a bunch of times and mine worked right away

hopefully this works for you!

bodger057
Apprentice