cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG5320 says no paper when I have paper

Emmrut
Apprentice

I tried to print a web page wirelessly from my iPad on my canon mg 5320. I have had no problem before. Now it says error, cassette. There is no paper. Load paper then push start. I had plenty of paper loaded. I reloaded and pushed start...same message

61 REPLIES 61

@gedeon

I am curious as to where exactly I can find settings to select in order to follow your advice please??

Hello.

From the Home menu, select "Setup".  From there you can select "Device Settings" to access the Plain Paper Feed Settings adjustment.

If additional assistance is needed, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I opened the home page, saw Printer Setup and clicked on it with four choices

General, Driver, Supply levels and Utility

I can't find Device Settings

Hello.

If you continue to have difficulties with locating the paper feed options, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have a canon mg4250. Insists I have no paper loaded. I have cleaned the roller and done as much maintenance as I can. Nothing works. This is very poor as I have an urgent printing requirement.

I am running MacOS High Sierra and have a Pixma MX492 printer.

When we try to print, we get an error message saying "Printer has no paper."

I ran the available firmware update and printed the head alignment test page just fine, and the printer had no trouble feeding the paper to print the test page.

However it gives the "no paper" error when printing from an app in MacOS X 10.3.*

My suspicion is that this is a driver error, but do not see any driver updates for 10.3.*

Thank you.

Hi billdavies,

To try and resolve the error, please ensure that the paper size and type selected in the printer driver and application that you are printing from match the paper size and type loaded in the printer.  We can also turn off the Detect Paper Mismatch setting on the printer to see if this will help.  To do this, please follow these steps from the operation panel of the printer:

1. Press the SETUP button.

2. Use the left/right arrow buttons to select DEVICE SETTINGS, then press the OK button.

3. Use the left/right arrow buttons to select CASSETTE SETTINGS, then press the OK button.

4. Use the left/right arrow buttons to select DET. PAPER MISMATCH, then press the OK button.

5. Use the left/right arrow buttons to select OFF, then press the OK button.

Please attempt to print again.  If you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

I will also add:

The printer works when I print from a phone.

The printer gives the 1003 error when I try to print from a Mac

canon error 1003 solution

Press the HOME button, select SetupDevice settings, and Print settings in this order, and then set Prevent paper double-feed to ON.

other

Press the HOME button, select SetupDevice settings, and then select cassette incorrect paper detection to No

this will solver error 1003

How do I do this on a Mac - not getting the option to setup in System Preferences

Announcements