cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer recommendations for older / non intel Mac

rebknell
Apprentice

Hi everyone - 

I am looking for recommndations for a printer that will work on an older PowerMac G5 / OS 10.5 computer. 

Must have the following attributes: 

1) Printer

2) scan / copy documents

3) airprint to print things via iPad / iPhone

Can anyone recommend a Canon one? (I presently has a Prixma MG-3220  - the scanner part wasn't compatable but the printing / copying was. I got it used - for free-  off of Craiglist several years ago.  Now having issues with paper feeding so time for a new (ha!) one) 

Would really appreciate any suggestions from anyone. 

Thank you

Rebecca

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi rebknell,

Many of the models that support OSX 10.5 have now been retired, and it could be difficult to find inks and parts for them.  The PIXMA MP495 meets your criteria and has not yet been retired.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

BillS
Mentor

Hi rebknell,

I'm afraid that none of our current printer models support Macintosh OSX 10.5, so you would most likely be looking at a previously owned model, and performance could not be guaranteed.  I regret any inconvenience.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Yes, I figured I'd be looking for an older model to go with my older mac. Any current one's are all for intel computers. People sell older one's on ebay / Amazon. I just don't know what model number to search for. Does anyone know the last model that did work for an OS 10.5 / non intel Mac? I"m not asking for Canon's guarentee that the used item would work in general. Just what models did work before Intel was introduced. 

Thank you.

Rebecca

Hi rebknell,

Many of the models that support OSX 10.5 have now been retired, and it could be difficult to find inks and parts for them.  The PIXMA MP495 meets your criteria and has not yet been retired.

Announcements