cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer prints blank pages AND won't detect black ink cartridge

katieclaymore
Apprentice

Please help me with this issue? It prints blank pages when trying to print black and the new black cartridge isn't detected. I have a PIXMA canon MX920 series. Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi katieclaymore,

Could you please reply with the information that is on the Black PGBK cartridge( ink number, where it made, etc). If you would like you could attach a photo of it to your reply.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Arthur imaging inkjet cartridge set. For the record, we've been using same type since we got the printer. My husband got a giant box and we've never had an issue. We've switched it too, to ensure it wasn't a bad one. Pic below. Thanks.

Sorry I can't get the pic to post. It says for use with PIXMA MX 700 series and MX900 Series.

Hi katieclaymore,

You can try holding the stop button down on the printer for 5 seconds and then release it. This may disable the ink detection sensor. I cant guarantee this will work because you are using third party cartridges. I understand they have worked before but Canon USA does not recommend the use of inks manufactured by third parties in Canon printers. 

Announcements