cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer not responding

kellystephenson
Apprentice

I have a mac osx operating system. Everytime I plug in my Canon MG 3520, the only light that comes on is the 4x6 photo paper. When I press the power button, it'll turn on, but when I hold it down to turn off it won't turn off. So pretty much my printer freezes and doesnt respond to me even resetting it...if I hold down the stop button nothing flashes or anything. We thought the paper tray was stuck but its not. 

Please help!

5 REPLIES 5

Presrod
Apprentice
Were you able to get this resolved? I am having the exact same issue.

kellystephenson
Apprentice
Nope...I got an email from support but nothing worked....I can send you the email I was given...maybe you'll have more luck!

kellystephenson
Apprentice
1. Make sure the power cord is securely seated in the printer and the wall outlet.

2. If you have the printer connected in a surge protector, try connecting the power cord straight to a wall jack.

3. Try to disconnect all connections from the printer for five to ten minutes. Right after all connections are disconnected, press the power button five times to release any electrical charge the printer may be holding. After five to ten minutes, reconnect the printer to power, and attempt to power the printer on once more.

4. Try to connect the printer to a different well known working power outlet.

5. Try a spare power cord, perhaps from a different device in your home with the same kind of power cord.

Presrod
Apprentice
Thank you. I'll try that, hopefully it works!

Ramona
Authority

Hello,

If turning off the printer, unplugging the power cord and leaving it out for at least 10 minutes, then plugging it back in and turning it back on does not resolve the issue, the printer may require servicing.  We ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements