cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer not printing

faufner
Apprentice

We got a new computer. I set up our printer (canon pixma 495) wirelessly with the computer. When I try to print nothing happens though. The computer says it's printing and the display looks like the printer is receiving data as the light goes around and around, but nothing happens. I've left it alone. I've tried going through the set up again and I've tried unpluging and then pluging in the printer. Same thing happens. Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

Crista
Whiz

Hi faufner! 

Thanks for joining and posting in the Canon Forums! 

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system you are using. 

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team can help HERE

Thanks!

I'm on macOS Mojave v10.14

Hi faufner,

The Canon MP495 is not compatible with the 10.14 operating system. While Canon has not made drivers for this model for your operating system, we can attempt to install the drivers for an older version of Mac to see if it will work on your computer. The MP495 is compatible with Mac OS XSierra v10.12 and below.

To install the drivers and software, please perform the steps below. 

1.  Disconnect the printer from the computer. 

2.  Click HERE to go to the printer's Downloads page.

3.  Change the "Operating System" to "OS X Sierra v10.12". 

4.  Download and install the "MP495 series CUPS Printer Driver", "MP495 series Scanner Driver" and "ICA Driver". 

You are also  eligible for the Canon Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. We will also include free ground shipping with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. Let them know you have been working with email technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements