cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jcg0324
Contributor

I have a Pixma mx922 and cannot print from the internet using windows 10. I tried 3 different browsers and always get the same message " the printer is offline". No problems printing from internet using windows 7. I searched the internet and can't find a fix. Reloading the printer drivers doesn't help. Anyone else have this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Problem solved: had to reset printer settings in firefox. the printer settings had somehow become modified.

I didn't even know browsers had printer settings.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Danny

Hi, jcg0324!

So that the Community can help you better, please let us know if you've had any luck printing from non-browser applications.  If you haven't tried this, look for the WordPad app within your Windows Accessories folder on your Start menu.  Type something simple like "TEST," try to print it, and let us know what happens.  That result along with any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Based on your initial complaint, it appears you have at least 2 computers, 1 Windows 7 and  1 W10.

You can print from the W7 PC and cannot print from the W10 computer?

How is the printer connected?  Wired, Wireless or USB?

Will assume you have the printer connected to your network (wired or wirelessly)

What is it's IP address?

Can you ping this IP address from the W 10 computer?

Can you view the printer's webserver?

I suspect the actual IP of the printer is different than what the W10 computer believes it to be. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I am printing from the same computer. It has 2 hard drives with windows 7 on one drive and windows 10 on the other. I can boot to either platform. The printer works great with all other applications and I love this printer. I have a wireless connection and using comcast ISP. Only head scratcher is trying to print off the internet. Not sure how to check the IP address of the printer.

thanks for helping

According to the Canon IJ network tool the TCP/IP setup      --    Use next IP address.

IP address is: 10.0.0.113

subnet mask 255.255.255.0

These numbers are the same as the Windows 7 numbers

hope this helps

ping info:

ping.JPG

pinging from windows 7 gave different results

packets: sent = 4, received = 4

LOST = 0 (0% LOST)

ROUND TRIP TIME AVERAGE = 72 ms

ping info update:

I went into network and internet settings and changed the network profile from private to public. now I get all packets returning with 0% loss    ..........   2ms average time.  Still get "printer is offline" when trying to print.

Problem solved: had to reset printer settings in firefox. the printer settings had somehow become modified.

I didn't even know browsers had printer settings.

EZRA
Apprentice

Life regret was to buy this mess- noting but instal install install -- hold on hlep line forever and STILL "PRINER IS OFFLINE"

Who needs an offline printer ?  

Announcements