cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer is ignoring "properties" settings

kharrisma
Apprentice

Hi Forum Folke!

I have a Pixma 920 multifunction printer/fax/scanner that's maybe a year and a half old.  It's always been flaky about printing to the correct paper (letter-size -vs- 4x6 photo paper), and recently it's started ignoriing settings in "Control panel>devices and printers>printer properties>quick setup."  I'm trying to print a photo to 4x6 photo paper, and I set all the settings to that (print quality=high, paper size=4x6, paper=glossy photo paper, all in "Photo Printing" printing mode (top of window, with selections like "general," "business document," "paper saving," etc.  I click "apply," I'm back out at the "print" window, hit print... and it prints to letter paper.  Every time.  I tried checking the "always use these settings to print" box, and it made no difference.  I even tried pulling the letter paper cassette out of the printer, and it just gave me a beep and an error message.  It just WON'T print to photo paper.

Am I just overlooking something that should be obvious?  As I said, it's always been troublesome about printing to the paper selected, but usually cleared up eventually, after a lot of fussing about in the settings.  This time, nothing I do is making any difference.  Anyone got any ideas for something I haven't tried?

Oh, sorry... Dell Inspiron 5755 running Windows 10 (which I absolutely hate, by the way.)

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi kharrisma,

Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. To get your PIXMA MX922 printing on 4" x 6" paper, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements