cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer images come out larger than 'real size'

Musac
Apprentice

Hello everyone 🙂

I'm having some trouble with my Canon Pixma MG3550 and I really hope someone is willing to help me with that.

The problem, in short, is that every 10mm square that I print comes out as about 11mm. Now I understand that might seem a bit petty to worry about that, but on an A4 page that means the position of a certain line or dot could move up to 1 cm from where it is supposed to be. As someone who crafts both for fun and also as a part time job, this is really frustrating! I end up printing everything multiple times and I have to rescale until something 'about fits', or I just give up on the project. If something has to be printed and then cut, everything will be off because of the differing image sizes.

I do have some experience in Adobe Photoshop, so I do know how to size my images correctly. Also, to see if it is not just photoshop, I have tested printing from Adobe Reader as well, both self created and downoaded documents to make sure it's not that as well. I print them all on 100% size, and the document being A4-sized as that is the type of paper I use. I have tried both with and without border, but absolutely nothing works!

Is my only solution to buy a new printer, or is there a possible fix for this?
If so, I'd love to know, so I do not have to throw my printer out.

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

Stephen

Hello, Musac!

Welcome to The Canon Community, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however we need to let you know that the Canon Community is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.

You're welcome to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Dear Stehpen,

Thank you very much for your quick reply! I'll contact the Canon help desk from my own country.

Announcements