cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer head issue? PIXMA MX340

Steve_Canyon
Apprentice

Hi.  

I thought I posted this before, but I can't find it.  

My printer is printing stripes, and I think black might not be coming out one way on the carriage.

Here's a picture of my nozzle check, with one section for black completely missing.

I did the Nozzle cleaning twice and the deep cleaning.  I'm not sure where to go from here.  Thanks.

If this post is in error somehow and is getting deleted, please let me know.

IMG_9109.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

SamanthaW

Hello!

Your original post is HERE. You can view your topics by clicking on your name in the top right of the page, then click any topic you need to view on the next screen under "Latest Posts". We tend to delete duplicate posts however, so after you see this we will likely remove this thread! 

Thanks, Samantha.  I deleted the other one if you can keep this one.  Appreciate it.

Greetings,

The check pattern has some missing lines and your color pallettes have some horizontal banding.

This means 2 things:

Either the printhead is still clogged

or

is starting fail.  

Problem here, you can burn through $40~$70 of ink trying to clean and resolve this.  Sometimes in the case of a severe clog it might never resolve using standard or deep cleaning.

There are 2 types or printheads.  If integrated on the ink cartriges, replacing these usually solves the issue when standard or deep cleaning fails. 

If separate from the ink tanks, then manually cleaning it might help.  Careful on how much time and money you put into this.  The printer is older now and replacing it might be the most cost effective solution.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Rick

Thanks for the options and the thoughtful reply.

Matt

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements