cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer error code 1681

MeDo2
Contributor

I have a model MG5422.  The 1681 error appears constantly.  I have changed all my ink cassettes. It has not helped.  I cannot print or perform other functions.  I did follow the owner's manual powering down and powering up.  I have also disassembled the unit and removed/reinserted the printer head.  Has not worked!  Is it time for new printer??

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The 1681 error indicates that two ink tanks of the same color are installed. The light that is flashing will indicate which ink tank needs to be replaced.

Canon Knowledge Base - An Error Message Is Displayed on the LCD - MG5420 / MG5422

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Shadowsports,

THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE AND YOUR TIME.

I have replaced all ink cassettes.  The correct cassettes were used!  All cassettes are in the proper positions!  No duplicate (2 of the same kind) cassettes are used.  Error 1681 still exists & I can't print  !

MeDo2  :O(

Announcements