Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Printer driver & software installation

I recently did a Fresh Install of Windows 10 Pro 64Bit & now I need to reinstall my printer driver & software.  I have a PIXMA MG7120 Inkjet Photo All-In-One printer & this is the software I am planning to install:

Basic On-Screen Manual
Easy-PhotoPrint EX
Easy-WebPrint EX
MP Drivers
My Image Garden
My Printer
Quick Menu

Do I still need to install:
Easy-WebPrint EX since it is a plug-in for IE7 & I now use IE11?
Quick Menu since it allows for easy application starts & manuals supplied w/the printer?

Also, I forgot if I attach the printer to the computer THEN install the driver & software, or install the driver & software THEN attach the printer to the computer?  Does it matter in what order I install the driver & software (I assume the driver gets installed 1st)?
Respected Contributor

Re: Printer driver & software installation

[ Edited ]

Latest drivers are HERE. [link corrected]

Basic rule of thumb for install. 

Network Connection: Connect printer, then install software.

USB Connection:

Install drivers, connect printer when prompted

Windows10 will likely include some basic level printer driver for the printer, but if you want a full featured driver, you can install the package above.  It will likely skip the webprint EX if not compatible (or needed) with IE11. 

Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2 (f/w 1.0.4) ~16-35mm f2.8L II, 50 f1.8 STM, 85 prime USM, 70-200 f2.8L IS II ~70-300 USM II ~Sigma 24-70 f2.8 Art (f/w 2.02)
~Sigma 150-600 C + TC1401 1.4x (f/w 2.00) ~Speedlite 430 EX II ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro1903 ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra