cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer doesn't print correctly with mx922 printer

951michael
Apprentice

HI everyone, 

I tried just about everything with this mx922 printer.  I took the print head out and cleaned it with a 50 percent solution of vinegar and 50 percent solution of alcohol.  I also had the deep cleaning cycle a multiple of times and ran the align printhead automatically a couple of times to.  I also deleted the printer and reinstalled the driver.  This is what I am getting when I print stuff out:

IMG_6395[1].JPG

2 REPLIES 2

Darius
Whiz

Hi 951michael.

The nozzle check results point to the problem being with the printer's timing strip.  Unplug the printer, then gently clean it with a few dry cotton swabs.  If necessary, moisten a swab, go over the encoder gently, and then dry up after with a few dry swabs.

References may be found HERE in the Canon Knowledgebase.

Note: Our print head and inks work together as a precisely engineered system to support optimum image quality, print speed and reliability in higher resolution text and color printing applications. Cleaning the nozzles with alcohol, vinegar, or water may cause damage to the nozzles themselves or to the ink feed system, reducing its lifespan.  Cleaning the electronic components with water or a water-based solution (vinegar included) may cause damage to the electronics on and within the print head, or those in the printer with which the print head connects.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Perhaps I didn't do a well enough job but it still doesn't work... it is around 4 1/2 years old.  My other canon printer lasted longer than this so I am surprised it busted on me.

Announcements