cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer color calibration

PeterB
Contributor

I am an amateur photo hobbyist who likes to print photos for sharing with family and friends from my Mac desktop on my Canon MG7520 all-in-one printer. I purchased the printer in 2015. In the last year or so I have noticed an unacceptable difference between what I see on my monitor and what comes out of the printer. The prints appear somewhat "washed out"/lacking in contrast and saturation. I have downloaded the latest printer driver and bought a device to color calibrate my monitor. I loaded some images directlly from the computer to a flash drive and took them to be printed on a Kodak printer at my local pharmacy. The results were satisfactory and acceptable in appearance leading me to conclude that the problem is in the printer. I have tried to do workaround edits to the originals or adjust some of the print options in the print dialogue box but these are trial and error, one time fixes that burn up paper and ink and are not repeatable. I called Canon Support but they were unable to solve the problem. My questions are: 1. Are there adjustments that I can be make on the printer that will compensate for or eliminate this problem on an ongoing basis? 2.Is the problem due to the age of my printer such that I should consider replacing it? 3. If I replace it which printer should I choose that functions well as a home all-in-one device but also produces very good photo prints?

Peter

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements