cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer adds margin on top of document then bottom gets cut off

nini5298
Apprentice

Hi,

Please help me with my problem re subject with this printer. I've been looking if I can change this on its settings but I can't.

4 REPLIES 4

Tiffany

Hi Nini5298,

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what  model printer you are using.  
Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email. 

Thank you!

Thanks for your quick reply. My printer is Pixma E410.

Thanks for the quick reply. My printer is Pixma E410.

I've been reading other post as well for solutions.
1. That it may be related by to the program that is being used.
X I already tried printing using Word, Excel, Powerpoint, pdf files even from the Web. Printouts ALWAYS have an additional top margin of .5". Whatever size of document I print (even with photos).

2. Maybe paper is not supported.
X For bond papers, I'm currently using substance 20 (70gsm) and 24 (80 gsm). For Photo paper idk. I'm sure this one is supported from https://asia.canon/en/consumer/pixma-e410/product?languageCode=EN

3. Printable area
X Top margin: 0.12 inch (3.0 mm); Bottom margin: 0.66 inch (16.7 mm) http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/E410%20series/EN/UG/bg-beforeuse3000.html so I wonder why even I tried to print with 0 margin there's still a .5" top margin

Thanks for the additional information!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.  The Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

Announcements