cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer WiFi

scorpio012
Enthusiast

Hello Everyone, I have a Canon Pixma MG5622 home printer and I recently had to buy a Netgear new router and modem.  I used the printer this morning and it seemed to be working fine, but then the new router started acting up and eventually died.  I had kept my old Netgear router for situations like this, but now the blue WiFi light on my printer is lit and I don't know how to get it to turn off?  I'm hoping that someone can help me? Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Greetings.

Connection types:

USB, this is a direct connection to the printer from your device using a USB Cable

Wireless Direct (AP Mode) No router is required.  The printer (itself) broadcasts a wireless signal that allows your computer or mobile device (etc) to connect directly via wireless.  This feature is useful, but not as secure as Wireless Lan.

Wireless LAN, this connection type allows the printer to connect to the 2.4Ghz wirless broadcast of your router.  Devices which join your network (wired or wireless) can print. 

I suggest you follow my recommendaton.  Use a USB cable, run set up, and chose the desired connection method.  You'll only need to do this once. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Your printer allows 3 types of connection methods.

USB

Wireless Direct

Wiless LAN

If you are unfamiliar with these options, I suggest you download your product's Manual for complete details.

Reconfiguation requires that you have connection to the device.  If you don't, you must use a USB cable and the Installation CD (or indtallation files) from the product's support page.   

This will allow you to connect to or configure the device, with a new/different router for exaqmple.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hello, Thank you for your help. In regard to the three configuration settings you mentioned, I did read a little about them on the Canon site and had tried the WLAN method, but I was confused when it talked about the "access point"? I wasn't sure if they were talking about holding down the blue WiFi light and then clicking "OK"? is that what they meant? Thank you

Greetings.

Connection types:

USB, this is a direct connection to the printer from your device using a USB Cable

Wireless Direct (AP Mode) No router is required.  The printer (itself) broadcasts a wireless signal that allows your computer or mobile device (etc) to connect directly via wireless.  This feature is useful, but not as secure as Wireless Lan.

Wireless LAN, this connection type allows the printer to connect to the 2.4Ghz wirless broadcast of your router.  Devices which join your network (wired or wireless) can print. 

I suggest you follow my recommendaton.  Use a USB cable, run set up, and chose the desired connection method.  You'll only need to do this once. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hello again, I went and uninstalled the Canon programs I had on my computer and then put the original CD in and reloaded it all again, but the blue WiFi light remains lit? My printer uses a USB connection. It has started to print again also. Do you have any ideas about how I can get that blue light off? Thanks
Announcements