cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer Pixma MG2522- Paper Jam Error

JC81
Apprentice

I keep getting an error message that I have paper jam. There is no paper in the printer. I've attempted in turning off the printer, unplugging the printer, etc. but I continue to get a paper jam error. Any suggestions? 

8 REPLIES 8

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi JC81,

Is the error light blinking on your PIXMA MG2522?

If it is, how many times does it blink before there is a pause?

Also, is the power light blinking as well?   Or is the power light steady and only the error light is blinking?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I get three blinks followed by a slight pause

Also the power light isn't blinking

Hi JC81.

One possible cause of this error is if the front door of the printer (in front of the inks) is left down when attempting to print or copy.  Press one of the printer's two Start buttons to clear the error and proceed with printing, or Stop to clear the error and stop printing.

If the error persists after ensuring the front door of the printer is closed, then you will need to contact Canon support for further assistance.  If you're located in the U.S., create or log into a Canon Account and register your printer HERE for your personalized support options.  If you're located outside of the U.S., you may find your local branch of Canon using the map on the Canon Global website: http://global.canon/en/support/

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have the same problem. My error light blinks 3 times. What does that mean?

Takquar48
Apprentice

Just incase anyone has found an answer on how to fix this. 1 . turn of power and unplug. 2 open front cover. 3 place 1 sheet of paper in paper feed. 4 inside printer you will see a large gear on left side turn this till paper manually feeds into printer all the way through and out. plug everything back in and it should work fine

jaqeem-esfandt
Apprentice

i cant seem to find the gear, this is for the canon pixma mg2522 correct?

ZB1_
Apprentice

I’m posting a response because this printer went down in less than 3 months of having it, this is beyond frustrating I had ( before smashing it into the ground out of frustration ) a MG2550 this printer constantly gave me issues having to unplug data cable and plug back in then all of the sudden it Im getting a paper jam issue there’s no paper jammed the best solution to this problem is to not buy it I’ve cleaned it no dust nothing it grabs the paper then just stops the roller isn’t broken none of the above thanks cannon.

Announcements