cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer Not Detected

Saber
Apprentice

I have a PIXMA MG2522 printer that I've had for a few years. I recently got a new pc and it won't connect. I have it connected with a usb cable. I have tried all troubleshooting and driver downloads. With the driver download, it says "connect cable" and even if I unplug and re plug it in, it still cannot find it. It says, "caution, cannot find printer". I know that the printer works so why can't my computer find it? It can find another printer in the house that is wireless, but not one that is plugged straight into it.

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@Saber wrote:

I have a PIXMA MG2522 printer that I've had for a few years. I recently got a new pc and it won't connect. I have it connected with a usb cable. I have tried all troubleshooting and driver downloads. With the driver download, it says "connect cable" and even if I unplug and re plug it in, it still cannot find it. It says, "caution, cannot find printer". I know that the printer works so why can't my computer find it? It can find another printer in the house that is wireless, but not one that is plugged straight into it.

Greetings,

Please see my post in this other thread which might help with your issue.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements