cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer Error | Canon Quick Menu | TS 5070

ccheng28
Apprentice

Hello, my printer is TS 5070.

I just brought a 16inch Macbook Pro and I have transfered all of my data from my old 12inch Macbook to the 16inch, including the Canon Quick Menu application which I have installed previously on my old 12inch MacBook. I used to connect my old 12inch Macbook with the printer by using the Canon Quick Menu and they functioned really well. 

After transfering the data from my old MacBook to the 16inch, it seems that I cannot connect the printer with the 16inch. When I opened the Canon Quick Menu on the 16inch, and start doing command, like printing, scanning, etc. It shows this tab:

The operation couldn’t be completed. (jp.co.canon.ij.scanutilitylite.icadriver error -9958.)

How can I fix it? I tried to re-install the Canon Quick Menu on the 16inch, but I forgot where to find the download link, becasue I have lost the product instruction guide of the printer. Or is there any alternative way to fix the problem?

Thank you very much! 

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@ccheng28 wrote:

Hello, my printer is TS 5070.

I just brought a 16inch Macbook Pro and I have transfered all of my data from my old 12inch Macbook to the 16inch, including the Canon Quick Menu application which I have installed previously on my old 12inch MacBook. I used to connect my old 12inch Macbook with the printer by using the Canon Quick Menu and they functioned really well. 

After transfering the data from my old MacBook to the 16inch, it seems that I cannot connect the printer with the 16inch. When I opened the Canon Quick Menu on the 16inch, and start doing command, like printing, scanning, etc. It shows this tab:

The operation couldn’t be completed. (jp.co.canon.ij.scanutilitylite.icadriver error -9958.)

How can I fix it? I tried to re-install the Canon Quick Menu on the 16inch, but I forgot where to find the download link, becasue I have lost the product instruction guide of the printer. Or is there any alternative way to fix the problem?

Thank you very much! 

Greetings,

Brand new MacBook (running Catalina) Pro?? I transferred all of my data, including My Canon Quick Menu Application.  If so, there is your problem.  

Whatever drivers you had will not work now with MAC OS 10.15

A quck search using Google returned the following resutls for your printer.

https://sg.canon/support/PIXMA%20TS5070/model

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements