cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG5320 Printer Error B200

stargate69
Apprentice

I have an old Pixma MG5320 that gets rarely used. Now it tells me to unplug and call service center. I tried the reboot action with the same result. SOOO, do I get a new similar printer OR, cheaper to get it fixed ???     Printer Error B200 Thanx fer your responses .... B C ....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi stargate69,

The B200 error is an indication that your PIXMA MG5320 would require service.  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002.  They're available weekdays and Saturdays after 9 AM ET (6 AM PT). Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi stargate69,

The B200 error is an indication that your PIXMA MG5320 would require service.  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002.  They're available weekdays and Saturdays after 9 AM ET (6 AM PT). Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

My MX892 error B200

Any idea what ti fix this?

Any idea how to fix error B200 on a MX892 printer? Thanks

Try turning printer off, disconnect from electric. Press OK button on printer 5 times, reconnect electric, turn on printer. It worked for me. B200 error code gone.

LHTLNDRS
Apprentice
Hello,
B200 was my problem as wel on Pixma Pro 10 S.
I tried all the mentioned solutions (pulling out power etc .....).
no results ...
Then I performed a deep cleaning ( getting it out of the printer and bathing in a solution of demineralized water and ethanol) .
After a few hours cleanded and dryed the printhead carefully, replaced it and waited for one more day. Then while the power was unplugged pushed the power button constantly during 30 seconds, pushed the powercable in and held the power button one more 30 seconds. Released the power button. Power was of. The again pushed the power button and the printer started again. After a while of 'printeractivity' I printed a test page and everything was OK ........fot the time being .... if, again I have the same problem I come back to this forum ..... succes!!!!

cooltouch
Contributor

My Pixma ix6820 threw this code a few hours ago. First thing I did was clean the heads. Fortunately, it is a snap removing the head tray from this printer. I had watched a bunch of YouTube videos on how to clean the heads on Canons, so I kinda knew what to expect. At any rate, I feel confident that I cleaned the heads properly. I might should have waited a little longer than I did before reinstalling them, but I made sure at least that the head tray's exterior was completely dry. Anyway, reinstalled it, and I'm still looking at the blinking lights -- 10x blinks means B200. So, I pull the head tray again to make sure there wasn't a misalignment or anything. Really, installation is dead simple and I don't see how anybody could get it wrong. So I reinstalled the head tray the only way it looks like it will fit. Again, the 10x blinks.  Sigh.  

So I'm gonna tray haxita786's advice -- well, not in the exact order, but when it comes to letting the printer rest for a while unplugged, this I haven't done yet. So it is now unplugged. Keeping my fingers crossed, and knocking on wood. I'll check back in if it works.

Best,
Michael

cooltouch
Contributor

A quick follow-up to my above post. I waited over a day before I reinstalled the heads and inks. Unfortunately, I'm still getting the 10x blinking lights.

So I have a question -- has anyone tried just replacing the heads to see if this will take care of the problem? I've noticed there are a number of sellers of the print head(s) for my machine on eBay and the prices aren't too outlandish. Sure beats heck out of the price of a replacement printer. True, the B200 code sez the printer's print head(s) have stopped working, but I'm wondering if the fault lies in the easily removable head section, or might it lie somewhere down deeper in the printer?

Best,
Michael
Announcements