cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer Driver - with iMac

notned116
Contributor

Having acquired a Canon TS9150 i was having problems as My Image Garden could not access any of my phgotos on iMac and indeed the 'photos" tab was not accessible in My Image Garden preferences.  After three frustrating days I am now told (by Canon support) that Canon does not and cannot make a Printer Driver that is acceopted by Apple post High Sierra so I just have to use Apple's own printer driver and cobble together their stuff with the printers own internal software anf internal controls in order to print photgraphs! This is a long and laborious process and very boring. This sounds completely idiotic to me. And why was I not told when I gought the Canon Printer that My Image Garden and Easy prinit Canon programs would NOT work on an Apple Mac post 2017? Or is the man from Canon support lying to me?

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I believe you are misinformed.

My Image Garden is available for Mojave and Catalina...  post High Sierra doesn't tell us what OS you are using. 

Start Here <<

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for that - maybe it's a UK/USA discrepancy. My OS is High Sierra 10 13 6 and Canon were quite clear with me that My Image Garden would not work with any Apple  - and it certainly doesn't with mine - they confirmed this in an email which reads

"We would like to pass on our sincere apologies for the frustration that has been caused.

We are sorry but there are no CUPS printer driver available from Canon for your PIXMA TS9150, the printer is compatible to use with Apple’s Air Print only"  So much as I would like to use it - I cannot

While there are drivers listed, I cannot confirm or deny their level of function.  The release notes do not provide anything about this.  If Canon states they don't provide printing function beyond basic Air Print, you'll have accept this or perform your own tests.  I do not believe the 9150 is sold here in the US so the only information I have to reference is what's on the European website.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks anyway - will somehow manage with AirPrint but it IS bizarre

Announcements