cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer Driver for MX922 defaults to monocrhome with Edge Browser

BJB
Contributor

Please.....please....fix this.   I have two MX 922's attached to two different computers that are running Windows 10.

This happens on BOTH PC's.

If you use the Microsoft Edge browser every time you select the MX922 as the printer, it changes the print type to "monochrome" and you have to dig through two menus to change it to color. EVERY TIME you print something!

I am sure the default answer is that this is a problem with the Edge browser, however no other printer I use with these PC's has this issue.

Is Canon aware of this issue?  Is it on the list to fix?

Thanks

BJB

5 REPLIES 5

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi BJB,

Please make sure that the default printer setting is set correctly:

1.  Right click the Windows Start button in the lower left hand corner and left click on Control Panel.

2.  Click on View devices and printer or (Devices and Printers, depending on the view).

3.  Right click the PIXMA MX920 series printer and left click on Printing Preferences.

4.  Click on the Main tab.

5.  Make sure that "Grayscale printing" is not checked.  If it is, please uncheck the box.

6.  Click Apply and then OK.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks. I am very familiar with Windows and checked this setting.  it was set to color and prints color everywhere but with Edge.  Can't Canon test your Edge compatibility?  It does this on two of my PC's.  My other non-Canon printers all print correctly.  just my Canon mx922's require multiple menu selections in Edge to print in color every time.

I would be glad to share more details if it helps.

Thanks,

BJB

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi BJB,

It is recommended that you contact live technical support . There is NO charge for this call. Real time feedback of a live technical support call would be very beneficial in this case.

Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A Canon technical support representative will be able to resolve this issue faster.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Patrick,

I finally got around to calling Canon Support.  Very professional.  However we tried a few basic windows printer settings and nothing helped.

In short they documented the issue.  Since it does it on 2 of my PC's, I am fairly certain that others with MX922's (and perhaps other MX models?) are having this issue if they are using the Microsoft Edge Browser.

They did put in a ticket with my issue but of course things only get fixed if others report it.  Curious if anyone else has noted this issue with their MX printer?   That is  Microsoft Edge browser will default to monochrome and you have to change it to color everytime.  Very annoying when using a color printer...

Thanks,
BJB

BJB
Contributor
This was never resolved.....MX922 still defaults to black and white on every PC I use one of those printers on with Windows 10 and the Edge browser.

Ironically, the MX922 defaults to black and white on my android tablet also.

Seems like some programmer set the wrong default for everything related to MX922 printing.

And again....yes I talked to support as you can see.

But almost a year later, still have the same annoying issue.

BJB
Announcements