cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print head grinding sound

TSC
Apprentice

2 year old Pixma MX922.  All of a sudden, the printer head sounds like it's grinding as it tries to move along the rails.  Have tried clearing print queue, turning machine off, unplugging, and searching for any paper jams (none).  When I turn the unit back on, I get the Error Code 5100, which tells me to do everything I've already tried.  Any suggestions?  Timing is urgent (deadline to scan some documents).  Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi TSC,

Please unplug the power cord to the printer and then open the printer like you would when you replace the ink. If the ink carriage is over to the right or left, gently try to pull it to the middle. If you are able to get the ink carriage to the middle, please take the ink out and then put it back in making sure it clicks into place. After that, please turn the printer back on. 

If this does not resolve the issue or if the ink carriage wont move, the printer has experiences a internal hardware issue and would need service. You do qualify for the  the Canon Upgrade program. 

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements