cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print colors fading after only a couple of months!

denlow
Contributor

I have used Canon printers for years and have always been impressed with the photo quality. In January of this year, I purchased the bulk ink tank Pixma G4200 to help offset ink costs of my previous Pixma MX410 . I am using Canon inks and Canon Photo Paper Plus glossy II. Some of my photos have already faded badly! Did the ink formulas change? I am so embarrased as I often put 4x6 prints onto home printed greeting cards for family and friends and now they have no archival quality.

What can I do?

dale

5 REPLIES 5

BillS
Mentor

Hi denlow,

Are you printing directly on cardstock, or on photo paper?  If you are printing on the cardstock, some fading may be normal, as it is not a supported paper type.  Do you get the same effect when printing on photo paper?

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Bill

Thanks for the response.

No I am printing directly onto Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy II and using photo corners to mount on the card stock. I was shocked when I looked at a 4 x 6 print I printed this past Mother's Day and it is practically gone! It is setting next to prints made years ago on my Canon Pixma MX 410 which are still like new. Only difference is the bulk ink Pixma 290 for the G4200 vs the 210-211 ink for the MX410.

dale

Hi denlow,

I am not aware of any difference in the ink formulation, only how it's packaged.

Due to the unusual nature of this issue, it is recommended that you contact live technical support at this point. There is NO charge for this call. While we understand that email may be the preferred method, the real time feedback of a live technical support agent would be very beneficial in your case and allow us the opportunity to more efficiently assist you. Please call our special toll-free number at (866) 261-9362 for support. Representatives are available to assist you Monday - Friday from 10 AM to 10 PM EST (excluding holidays).

Thanks Bill
I will try to call on Monday.
dale

canong3000
Apprentice
I am facing same issue. Just bough brand new canon printer and printed few photos which faded and looks greenish. Used canon glossy photo papaer ii.
Announcements