cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Head alignment failure

Wheeler
Apprentice

Our Canon Pixma MG3520 printer keeps going offline in the middle of print head alignment. It was printing just fine before we adjusted the printer to go from regular 8.5 x 11 paper to 4 x 6 photo paper then back. When we try to print on the normal 8.5 x 11 paper now, a warning comes up saying the print head needs to be aligned (the copy does come out blurry and misaligned). When we select to do Print Head Alignment, it starts printing the print head sheet and cuts off partway through. This has happened about 6 times now, where it starts printing the sheet then shuts offline. Does anyone know what the issue might be and how to fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BillS
Mentor

Hi Wheeler,

The print head can be aligned both automatically and manually, and I have included full instructions HERE.  The print quality issue may also be resolved by cleaning the print head.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

BillS
Mentor

Hi Wheeler,

The print head can be aligned both automatically and manually, and I have included full instructions HERE.  The print quality issue may also be resolved by cleaning the print head.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

BillS,

Thank you, this worked! I cleaned the print head as the instructions said, then was able to complete the print head alignment! It seems to be properly aligned now.

Thanks for the help!

-Wheeler

Has this been solved? Having same problem.

Paper halfway through then it stops. Still not getting alignment done because of it.
Announcements