cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Dialog hangs up even though MX860 eventually prints

MikeInPoulsbo
Apprentice

My MX860 is connected via WLAN to the home network.  In the last two days the print dialog pops up indicating "Creating Print Data"  there is a progress bar that does not appear to get anywhere.  After a while (longer than usual) the printer wakes up and executes the print job.  About the time this happens the message in the print dialog changes to "Printer Not Responding".  Eventually the print dialog closes up.  The problem for me is a) the long delay for the printer to start printing (close to a minute) and b) something is not right and that's worrysome.  Any suggestions as to what this might be?

Windows 10 computer.  There is another Windows 10 computer and a Windows 7 laptop on the network.  The computers are connected via Eithernet.

2 REPLIES 2

MikeInPoulsbo
Apprentice

Tested from 2 other computers -- a Windows 10 computer displays the same problem. A Windows 7 laptop does not. I added a USB connection from my main (Windows 10) computer and printing through that interface is OK, no delays.

Hi MikeInPoulsbo,

The PIXMA MX860 is not supported with Windows 10.  You may try installing the Windows 7 drivers from Canon's web site, but this is not supported and would be done at your own risk.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements