cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power was turned off incorrectly the last time.

dmichaels
Apprentice

Problem with 3 Canon MX922 printers.

Problem began only a few days ago after a year with no problems. “Power was turned off incorrectly the last time. Press the power button”
This kept happening every few hours.

I assumed is had a bad logic board, so I pulled out the print head and put it into an older MX922 that was stored in a closet as it had had a bad print head.  The intent was to make one good machine from 2 bad ones.

The newly put together machine has the same symptoms as the old one.  I moved the machine to another room, thinking there might have been a problem with the outlet; same symptoms.  Also, replaced the power cord with a brand new one.

Also, my THIRD MX922 shows the same error message “Power was turned off incorrectly the last time. Press the power button”. Firmware v3.011.

Three machines can't all break at the same time.

Canon tech supporft has no idea of what could be causing this. The only thing these printers have in common is that they are on the same wireless network.Problem with 3 Canon MX922 printers.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

David

2 REPLIES 2

tanderschat
Apprentice

I'm having the same issue on the same printer.  About the same age as well, a bit over a year old.

Update to my story...

3 printers connected. 2 via WiFi and  via Ethernet.

They would error out with the "Power was not..." message simultaneously with each other.

We turned off my son's router that was connected as an access point. The problem disappeared immediately.

We have not yet identified whether it is his router/access point or the server he has behind it.

At least I have it narowed down somewhat. Surprising that any kind of network traffic could cause this behavior; more surprising that Canon tech support didn't mention this as a possibility.

Announcements