cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma mx490 won't send fax

Ltorres79
Apprentice
I can receive fax I can print I can copy I can scan I just cannot send fax out can somebody help me with that
2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Happy Holidays,

We need more information about your problem.  Do you get an error message when you try to fax, if so what is it?

What kind of phone service are you using the FAX with?  Do you have to dial any specific numbers or codes to make outbound calls?

We can't guess, so you'll have to tell more about your issue, provide a better description / error message and the environment.

Man Wink 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

If you are able to receive faxes, there may be an issue with the way that you are sending faxes, or to the particular number that you are currently trying to send the fax to. 

First, load the document face-up in the ADF so that the "beep" is heard (indicating that the document is detected in the ADF).  Next, press the Fax button on the printer.  Dial 1+area code and phone number (1-000-000-0000)  then press the black start button to send the fax.  If you hear a busy signal or an operator message on the speaker, this would indicate an issue with the number that you are dialing.  Try sending a test fax to a different number to narrow down the cause of the issue.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements