cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma mx490 support

Ateach6285
Apprentice
Hi. I tried contacting Cannon online and it wasn't successful. I got the message that my Pixma mx490 will no longer be supported on my Chromebook and also had the message on my windows 10 work Lenovo as of 12/30. Mx490 was not on the list they provided on the message. I had purchased a new printer based on the list but haven't opened it. I went to print something today with my current pixma and it was fine...so do I need a printer or return the one I bought?
2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Its kind of difficult for us to tell you what you do or don't need. You'll have to decide of the printer is meeting your needs.  

The MX490 is supported under windows 10.  Drivers for it are here:

Support | MX Series | PIXMA MX490 | Canon USA

While Google has ended support for Cloud Print, most network printers wil continue to work under Chrome OS.

Print from Chrome - Computer - Google Chrome Help

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Ateach6285
Apprentice
Thanks. When I try to add it directly to the chromebook I wasn't finding the current printer. I just wanted to make sure it would still work. Thanks.
Announcements