cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma mx 922 will not print a pic from the lower tray. Cannot put 8x10 paper in upper tray.

Keala
Apprentice
I cannot print a picture using the paper in the lower tray and cannot make 8x10 paper fit in the upper tray. Is this normal for this printer. I should have stayed with a HP printer. I am using an iPad 2.
14 REPLIES 14

Ramona
Authority

Hi Keala,

When printing from your iPad via Apple AirPrint, the paper size is selected automatically according to the application software being used, and the region in which AirPrint is used.  When Apple's photo application software is used, the default paper size is 4x6.  If you want to print on another paper size such as 8x10, you will need to use a program that has that paper size as a selectable option and print from that program to the printer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am using an iPad 2 so I am assuming there is no software to available to print 8x10 from an iPad. What do you suggest? I also have a laptop using windows.

You can download the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app for free from the app store to change the paper size when you go to print a photo. 8x10 paper does need to be loaded in the lower cassette.

Thanks....I did that already.,  However, I bought this printer because it is supposed to be Airprint compatable.  I did not buy to use with multiple apps to  print.  I was doing that with my MX850 previously for years.  That is why I purchased this one!  Kind of makes the description of this printer a lie.  Plus this printer has so many bugs.  Takes forever to print or to get ready to print.  Drops the wirelesss signal.  Can't find the wireless signal on mutiple platforms.  If you change any setting, it goes into that mode where it grinds away for 5-10 minutes preparing to print.  Very glitchy...

Really not happy with this printer.  Have used Canon products (currently multiple cameras, camcorders, printers, etc) forever and have always loved.  This one is a waste of money....

Not to pick at threads here, but 'Airprint' only prints 4x6 photos from the camera roll- regardless of what printer you buy. That's a feature that Apple controls, you can't hate on the printer just because you didn't inform yourself as to how Airprint works.

As for the other issues, I'd be curious about your wireless environment. With any kind of network connection comes different variables, you just need to know how to address them properly. I'd say 9 times out of 10 when I'm having network issues with anything in my house, printer included, power cycling the router for a minute fixes it.

Actually both wireless problems are mentioned frequently on the web, by many people.  I was finally able to figure a solution out because there were so many threads to choose from when you Google it...never had problems with any other wireless equipment connecting in all of the years we have used them, just this printer...As I said, a fan of Canon in all forms for years.   Just not this printer.  Regret giving up the MX850.  Have gained nothing with this printer, techinically or print quality wise..  Feels like a step back, actually. And many others have mentioned how agonizingly long it takes to fire up to print or when you change settings.   It is a major complaint with this printer.  

As to the Airprint info of the 4"x6" only printing, I was not aware of that.  Maybe if printer manufacturers put that info in their sales material in the section dealing with Airprint,  we would be able to manage expectations better....

You say that you have figured out a solution, but you don't say what that solution is. I'm having the same problem when printing from my desk top, I'm guessing that it's becasue it is going thru Ariprint. Can you post your solution here?

Thanks

I ended up using the Canon app, Canon iEEP.  I can print photos, pictures, etc in 8 X11 size from bottom tray.  Seems that if it is a picture, iOS automatically defaults to top tray, 4x6.  An iOS problem, not Canon.  But I still stand by my thoughts on this printer.  Glitchy connectivity, operating problems/frustrations, sub-par print quality.  Just not a great printer....regret the purchase.  Again, LOVE Canon products just not this one!  

Bhb1964
Apprentice
Download Printshare app from Dynamix
Announcements