cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma mp495 scanning too brightly

Ninny
Apprentice

Everytime I try to scan with this thing it comes out with far too high contrast. I've tried googling around and haven't found anything helpfull. when i try to adjust the brightness and contrast settings, they just dont change anything. (also I cant even select grayscale, only color...) 

Any advice would be helpful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The Scangear interface provides options for adjusting the brightness and contrast.

First, make sure that the MP Navigator for your printer is installed.  Visit www.usa.canon.com and sarch for your MP495 to access the latest downloads.

Once installed, open the "Photos/Documents Platen" area.  Then check the "Scanner Driver" option and attempt to scan to access the interface.

If you need additional assistance, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

Hi Ninny!

Thank you for reaching out to us, we're happy to help!

So that we can provide you with the most accurate information, we'll need a little more information. We'll need to know how you're scanning your documents - with the Canon provided software, or third party software? Are you using Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10, or macOS, iOS, or Android? 

If you need immediate assistance, our US-based Technical Support is available by phone or email at http://Canon.us/ContactCF  

Hi, I'm currently using Windows 10 and I'm just using the "scan photos and documents" thing under the scanner management part here:

Capture1.PNG

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The Scangear interface provides options for adjusting the brightness and contrast.

First, make sure that the MP Navigator for your printer is installed.  Visit www.usa.canon.com and sarch for your MP495 to access the latest downloads.

Once installed, open the "Photos/Documents Platen" area.  Then check the "Scanner Driver" option and attempt to scan to access the interface.

If you need additional assistance, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you so much! I got this printer secondhand, so I didnt have any setup instructions to go off of.

Announcements