cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma mg 2520

Delonte1
Apprentice

My lamp  light will not go off on printer. I have one color remanfactuer ink cartdrige in and my computer keep saying that I don't have cartdrige installed properly but I do. I have took cartdrige out cleaned it and I have did a hard reset 7 times and unplugged printer from the wall but nothing I did has worked. Anybody else have any soulutions for me?Thanks. I'm frustrated..

4 REPLIES 4

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Please provide the following:

1.  What exact error appears on your computer when the print job fails?

2.  What is the exact error pattern that occurs on the printer?  Count how many times the alarm light flashes before it pauses, or how many times the power and alarm lights alternate before the pattern repeats.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello. It's saying the ink cartdrige is not installed correctly but I put in a remanfacutred colored ink cartdridge for the that fits the printer. This is a new printer. The lamp light is blinking 4 times orange. I don't if I need both ink cartdriges installed for the printer to work or not. The ink cartdrige I have now is full.

Delonte1
Apprentice
*Know

Hi Delonte1,

The PIXMA MG2520 requires that both the black and the color ink cartridges are installed in order to use the printer.

The 4 flash error is an indication that the printer does not recognize an ink cartridge.  If both ink cartridges are not installed, the 4 flash error will occur.

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/W/MG2500%20series/EN/UG/ug_trouble0300.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements