cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TS9520 won't boot up now after power loss

jipgsd
Apprentice

TS9520 Multifunction on a power surge strip won't boot after power loss yesterday. (strip wasn't tripped) The splash screen lights with the Canon logo but printer shows offline on computer and no menu ever comes up on printer. Won't turn off with power button either. Tried direct plug into wall, after removing power overnight, but still nothing. Just out of warranty of course. Any ideas or am I looking at a new printer purchase??

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I'd say you are likely looking at a new printer.  As resilient as electronics are, sometimes, they don't weather power surges, dips, etc.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

yeah that's what I was afraid of.. 😞

thanks- guess I'm going shopping (online that is!)

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jipgsd,

It does look like the printer needs service but there is one last thing you can try. You can try unplugging the printer from the power and then pressing the power button 10 times while the printer is unplugged. After that, you can plug the printer into a different power source and you can try turning it on. If it does not get to the main menu, it looks like the hardware is damaged.

The printer has a 1 year warranty and you can click the link HERE to create a Canon account to see what service options you have. Depending on how close you are to the 1 year warranty our support team can work with you.

Outside of the 1 year warranty, you can contact our sales department at 1-800-652-2666 to use our Upgrade Program. The Upgrade program will give you a discount and free shipping on a replacement printer.

Uggh- I wish I received this earlier. I have already purchased another Canon printer- I do believe I tried the power button thing without success, from searching for answers. I did try to go through the phone tree multiple times trying to get a person to ask about service or upgrade, but since the printer was out of warranty by a few months I kept running into a dead end without any options after I entered the serial number. I didn't have any luck looking for an option online for further service either. So I needed the printer and ordered another one online at full price. I have registered it but is there anything than can be done now? Some credit or something? 

thanks,

Jan

I seem to have duplicated your experience, jipgsd.  Like you, I had a brief power outage that did not trip my surge protector, and now my TS9520 is frozen at the Canon logo on the splash screen.  As recommended by the Canon expert, I tried unplugging, pushing the on/off button 10 times, and plugging into a new power source...still frozen at the Canon logo on the splash screen.  I guess I am looking at a new printer, too.  I think I will get a new surge protector along with the new printer.  Maybe my surge protector was not up to par.

Yes, I ended up getting a new printer.. opted to get the TR8520 which seemed to have fairly good reviews. I had just purchased a bunch of ink, so didn't want to waste all that money! So far the 8520 seems fine. (have not had a power surge though) but the 9520 had been through them before the one that killed it...

Hi. Did you fixed this in the end? I tried the power off and 10 on button press but mine is still stuck on the logo screen! When I contacted Canon about this before - they got me to do something similar to fix it but I can't remember the exact order!
Announcements