cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TS9120 error code 1660, how can I bypass this message?

hdockery
Apprentice

I've looked all online but all I'm finding is older modles that have buttons, my printer is all touch screen except the power button. 

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

I googled "TS9120 error codes"

First thing that came up:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART169007

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

hdockery
Apprentice
Yes I know what it means. My question is how can I bypass that error code.

Hi hdockery,

The 1660 error is an indication that one of the ink tanks is empty.  To clear the error, please replace the empty ink tank.  There is no bypass for this, as attempting to print when no ink is present may damage the printhead.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patrick,

I am also receiving the 1660 error code but my ink tanks are full and brand new. Please advise.

I noticed this began once I updated firmware. Is there a way to downgrade to a previous firmware version?

TIA

Hi speedy1,

What model printer do you own?  Is it the PIXMA TS9120?

With your printer on, please open the cover.

From left to right, what is all of the text on the labels of each ink tank that is installed in your printer?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

jd1648
Apprentice

I have the same problem. I have done all of the things asked. 4 out of the 5 cartridges I replaced are not being recognized. All are Canon brand. All register with the old cartridges that are empty. I am struggling to think that 4 of the 5 cartridges just happen to be bad.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I suggest you contact Canon Support.  I also would find it hard to believe 4/5 new Canon cartridges were faulty if they were correct for the device.  There is no bypass for this error I am aware of.  

Canon Support for | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements