cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TS9120 Won't Print

GarryL
Contributor

I have installed the program 2 times once from disk and once from online installing program. I have deleted and reloaded MPdrivers as per instruction from Canon site. On computer in the settings/Devices/Printers, it shows the the printer is located and functioning properly. When I try to print from any program, it appears briefly in the Queue window then disappears. The queue tries to connect, but then goes to "Printer not Responding".

I sent a command to the printer to scan and print... It scanned, but didn't print. The window popped up to save it to a folder on my computer, and that worked fine. I am wanting to print directly from computer to printer. I am not wanting to use the wifi or a cell phone. Everything appears to be working except for the PRINT command from the computer. The screen on the printer has 3 icons, i.e., "Copy, Scan, and Print. When I click on the Print icon I get 3 more icons, Memory card, cloud and templates.

When I run the trouble shooter ... On both Windows 10 and the printer ... It comes back ... "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem". I am at a loss. HELP!

18 REPLIES 18

Glad you were able to work this out. Keep this info handy, as I find that every once in a while I have to 'reset' the port again. 

You were absolutely correct. Since my first correction, it's happened twice more. Of course, each time I've had to recreate the fix process all over again so I decided to generate a step by step process. Hopefully this will help others.

1) Get the printer’s IP Address
   a. Press the COG on the Front Panel (Settings)
   b. Select Settings
   c. Select Device Settings
   d. Select LAN Settings
   e. Select Wireless LAN
   f. Select WLAN Setting List
   g. Select Print Details
   h. Respond with YES
   i. Network Configuration Page is printed
   j. Find the IP Address (about half way down the first page)

2) Find your printer’s IP Address
   a. Select Control Panel
   b. Select Devices and Printers
   c. Right click on your TS9120 icon
   d. Select Printer Properties (Note that this is not Properties at the bottom)
   e. Click on the Ports tab (Your printer port should be highlighted)
   f. Select Configure Port…
   g. The Printer Name or IP Address field contains the IP Address of where your computer thinks the printer should be found (this is more than likely different than the IP address found in step 1j. Change this field to match the value from step 1j.

Never could it to work was returned ... just a piece of JUNK! I have the feeling that it is a discontinued model and that there is no answer for it under Windows 10.

Oh man, sorry to hear that, GarryL. I have been really happy with this printer. I wonder if you also have Comcast and maybe it is a compatibility issue with the router. 

No, Don't have Comcast, I have WIndstream. I had got a new modem for it, but my old printer worked fine with it.

Hi, Christinadina, pwnrichcreek, and GarryL.

The Print icon on the TS9120's LCD screen is intended for printing directly from an inserted SD card.  It does not control actions from the computer.  In order to print or scan from an interface on the computer, the TS9120 needs to remain on its home screen. Other screens (including the Copy, Scan, and Print screens) may cause the printer to respond to commands from the computer as "In Use" or "Unavailable". 

Printing is handled through the print interface in the program from which you're printing.  The common keyboard shortcut is to hold down the CTRL key (Windows) or Command key (Mac OS) and pressing the letter P on the keyboard once.

If the printer was registered to a TCP/IP Port, then it may lose connection in the case that the router changes network connections.  This depends on the router or modem's DHCP (Dynamic Host Control Protocol) settings.  I recommend instead removing the printer's entry, then reinstalling using the TS9100 series MP Driver (found on the TS9120 Drivers & Downloads page).

When scanning from the computer, I recommend using the IJ Scan Utility or, if using a non-Canon program, the ScanGear scanning interface.  These come bundled with the Canon-produced driver installation.  If the IJ Scan Utility isn't available, download and install the MP Drivers (once again, found on the TS9120 Drivers & Downloads page).

More information may be found at the TS9100 series Online Manual.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

edillow
Apprentice

This very frustrating thing happened to me—immediately after scanning for the first time. I messed around with seeing if I could re-add the printer (I could not for some reason) but changed Secure Airprint to just Airprint in the settings and it magically worked again. Worth a shot?

Hey all, got a quick fix for anyone that stumbles across this later.

What happens is that the printer gets a new IP address from your router (for who knows what reason). But anyways it did, and your computer doesn't know that so it fails to print.

These steps work on Windows 10 and don't require any uninstalling or reinstalling.

First thing to do is get the new IP address of your printer, either print a network configuration page or look at the network info on the printer screen. It will likely be similar to 192.168.1.XXX. 

Now go to your computer and go to settings -> printers.

Click on your printer and select "Manage".

Select "Printer Properties", this will open a new Properties window for your printer.

Click the "Ports" tab on the top bar of the new window. One should already be check called "Standard TCP/IP Port".

Make sure it's selected and click the "configure port" button.

You will see two fields up top with an IP address. Surprise! This likely doesn't match the info you pulled from your printer earlier. 

Adjust the second field "Printer Name or IP Address" to the correct new address you got from the printer. You don't need to worry about changing the name field. (it's just a name and doesn't affect anything).

Click Ok and close out of your menu options and your printer should work again!

Hope this helps anyone who stumbles here!

Cheers,

chybaskids
Apprentice

Well, mine stopped yesterday. But had an error & told me to stop the print, turn off the printer & also unplug it.

I did but it would never come back except to that error code, which of course I cannot find anywhere.

So we found the TR8620 that takes the same ink.

But I'd really love to get my TS9120 working again.

Announcements