Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Pixma TS9120 Won't Print

I have installed the program 2 times once from disk and once from online installing program. I have deleted and reloaded MPdrivers as per instruction from Canon site. On computer in the settings/Devices/Printers, it shows the the printer is located and functioning properly. When I try to print from any program, it appears briefly in the Queue window then disappears. The queue tries to connect, but then goes to "Printer not Responding".

I sent a command to the printer to scan and print... It scanned, but didn't print. The window popped up to save it to a folder on my computer, and that worked fine. I am wanting to print directly from computer to printer. I am not wanting to use the wifi or a cell phone. Everything appears to be working except for the PRINT command from the computer. The screen on the printer has 3 icons, i.e., "Copy, Scan, and Print. When I click on the Print icon I get 3 more icons, Memory card, cloud and templates.

When I run the trouble shooter ... On both Windows 10 and the printer ... It comes back ... "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem". I am at a loss. HELP!

Occasional Contributor

Re: Pixma TS9120 Won't Print

Hi GarryL,

I sent a command to the printer to scan and print... It scanned, but didn't print. The window popped up to save it to a folder on my computer, and that worked fine

1. What program/application are you using to do the scan and print?
2. Can you capture the window that pops up to save it to a folder?
3. Run it again and see if there is a job waiting in the print queue

>To view a list of items waiting to print in Windows 10, select the Start  menu, then type printers and scanners in the search    box on the taskbar.
>Select Printers & scanners and select your printer from the list.
>Select Open queue to see what's printing and the upcoming print order.

New Contributor

Nope .... I can't scan from the computer ... I have to scan from the printer ... the only way I am able to save it is as a pdf file. Then when I go to print it, it goes to the queue for a second and then leaves/ The computer tries to gather the status from the printer, but is unable to do so and closes.

GL

Occasional Contributor

GarryL,

Are you using the display screen on the printer/scanner that shows Copy Scan Print? And pressing Print?

When I do that it shows me a screen that says Memory Card Cloud Template. I don't know what that means, but seems that if it was designed to print from the scanner, it would give me that option. When I then press Cloud it says Commuicating then eventually shows Number Place Facebook Instagram.

But the item you want to print is in the scanner, right?

I don't have a TS9120, mine is a TS8120, Perhaps that is why I don't get a message that says "printing" that you describe.

You say you can't scan from the computer. I take it that, by that, you mean you don't have an application that you can run on the computer that claims it will create a pdf?

I'll see if I can find some other resource where I can look for TS9120 issues (and, hopefully, solutions).

Phil.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

GarryL,

I use a program called IJ Scan Utility to create pdfs from the scanner. It's capable of combining multiple documents into a single pdf and, of course, from  a single document. Use the following link to download it.

WARNING*********************************************

If it ever asks you to uninstall "the drivers", DON'T.

The uninstall will automatically, without informing you,

that it is going to restart your computer. Instead, just

do a re-boot on you own, when you've had a chance

to prepare to re-boot.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?id=ART137999&page=content

Please let us know whether or not this works.

Phil.