cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TS9020 Scanner reported an error

WorshipEast2020
Apprentice

Error message: A required file is missing or corrupted, or settings are incorrect. Try the installation again.

Hi, I am running Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4 (19E287)

I just upgraded the OS and I got this error again when I tried to scan with my Pixma TS9020.

I had this problem a couple of months ago and fixed it by installing updated drivers/software from the Canon USA site.

This time, I see that there has been no updates in drivers/software since I last installed--at least the file names are the same. 

How can I fix this problem now?

-->I did check the firmware on the Pixma and it is up to date. I did try to scan directly from System Preferences and I got the same message.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi WorshipEast2020,

Since you have updated your operating system and are now getting a missing file error, I would suggest reinstalling the driver and then deleting and adding the TS9020. Since you updated, files could have been replaced or file paths changed, reinstalling the driver will make sure the drivers are where they need to be to work properly.

You can reinstall the ICA driver found at the link HERE to get the install that you need. After installing the driver, click on the apple in the upper left hand corner of the screen and then click on system preferences. Once in system preferences click on Printers and Scanners. In printers and scanners, you can use the - to remove the TS9020 from the list and then you can click the + to add it back.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi WorshipEast2020,

Since you have updated your operating system and are now getting a missing file error, I would suggest reinstalling the driver and then deleting and adding the TS9020. Since you updated, files could have been replaced or file paths changed, reinstalling the driver will make sure the drivers are where they need to be to work properly.

You can reinstall the ICA driver found at the link HERE to get the install that you need. After installing the driver, click on the apple in the upper left hand corner of the screen and then click on system preferences. Once in system preferences click on Printers and Scanners. In printers and scanners, you can use the - to remove the TS9020 from the list and then you can click the + to add it back.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for this. It worked, but I had to add some steps:

I actually first uninstalled the printer before installing the ICA scanner driver. After that, when I tried to reinstall the printer, it would not show up as an option in System Preferences, so I had to restart my computer.

After restart, my computer was able to detect the printer and I reinstalled it. However, when I tried to scan, I got an "internal error" message. I tried restarting the printer and the scanner dialogue, but I still got the "internal error" message, so I restarted my computer again.

After this second restart, I was able to scan successfully.

bartchigusa
Apprentice

This method did not work.  It keeps displaying the same error message.  May 22, 2020.

Announcements