cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TS8320 color bleed

Leeell
Contributor

I've had my printer about 2 weeks and I still have the initial ink cartridges that came with the printer in it.  I don't use it everyday, but when I do all the colors bleed together.  After a few pages they clear up so I made a test page to print the main 3 colors, yellow, blue and red, and after a few pages the colors are good.

I do have a new set of cartridges that I haven't put in the printer yet, but I am reluctant to do so if something is wrong with the printer.

Any ideas or suggestions or should I take it back to the store?

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

It might be helpful if you could post 1-2 examples of the "bleeding".

However, there should be no bleeding what so ever after the printer is correctly set up.  Including when using the included cartridges.  

There is one exception.  If you use incorrect setting for the media type you are printing on, unexpected results might occur.  Bleeding, over saturation, colors which are not accurate, etc.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Leeell
Contributor

Sorry if I was unclear.  By bleeding I meant that the colors were mixing.  But as I said, after printing a few pages it clears up until I allow the printer to sit for a few days.

I checked the settings and they ae set as plain paper and normal resolution.

Hi Leeell,

If you are still having this issue, I recommend contacting our chat team.The real time support would be most beneficial in this case.

To get to the chat feature, click HERE. Once in the chat box, ask to speak to a live person. You will be asked to create a Canon account and once that is done, you will be able to connect with one of our chat agents Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm ET, excluding holidays.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for all the help and info, but I called customer supprot and they sent me a replacement printer.  From our conversation the tech figured out it was a bad print head.

Received the new printer and all is good.

BTW, their customer support was AWESOME!

Announcements