cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TS6420 Scanner Not Recognized

kellbell88
Apprentice

Hello - i just purchased a Canon Pixma TS6420 printer and set it up wirelessly since it does not come with a USB cable. 

The printer function is working fine after the normal driver install, but the scanner will not recognize. I have tried finding it in the Canon Scan Utility Lite software, as well as the Mac's Image Capture program. 

The Scanner shows up in Image Capture, but errors out "cannot communicate with scanner". 

I am using Mac, ios Mojave. 

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi kellbell88,

When you scan with Image Capture, what error code appears at the bottom of the error message that you get?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have the same problem. When I try to scan using Image Capture, I get the message: An error occurred while communicating with the scanner. (-9923)

While trying with the IJ Scan Lite, the window asks to check the connections, either USB or wireless. I'm connected wirelessly and have no obstructions.

I have no problem printing, from a variety of applications. Just like kellbell88, I'm using a Mac, iMac and OS Mojave, 10.14.

I had this exact issue today.  I could print from two different Mac laptops but could not find the TS6420 as a scanner.  I could scan to my android phone without issue.  I used the chat function and we tried a bunch of things and finally got it working.  Not sure if this would be the answer for you, but for my home network we needed to disable IPv6 to get scanning to work with my Mac.  Here is a link to the steps to do this on the printer.  Hopefully this helps!!!

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART180256

Kelly

Announcements