cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TS6020 error 9958

kimhib1
Apprentice

I am unable to use my scanner.  I keep receiving an error message that says

"A required file is missing or corrupted or settings are incorrect.  Try install again".  

I have also received the error "jp.co.canon.ij.scanutilitylite.icadriver error 9958"

I have deleted and re-installed the printer over and over again, I have downloaded the drivers and even returned settings to factory default.  I have a mac, I have read through manuals and don't know what else to do.  I can copy fine, I just can't scan anything.  Please help!?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

It might be easier for us to help if we knew what MAC OS you were running?

You must install the following driver in order to Scan:

ICA Driver Ver.4.3.4a (Mac)

This driver works with any MAC OS since ElCapitan and supports Catalina

Let us know how ot goes

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Danny

Hi, kimhib1!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which version of macOS is running on your computer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi,

I am running Catalina 10.15.2 on my Mac

Thanks!

And after installing the driver I referenced above the result was???

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Yes!  It worked!  Thank you so much! 

Thanks for your reply, appreciate the feedback.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

It might be easier for us to help if we knew what MAC OS you were running?

You must install the following driver in order to Scan:

ICA Driver Ver.4.3.4a (Mac)

This driver works with any MAC OS since ElCapitan and supports Catalina

Let us know how ot goes

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

lizhiltzmartin
Apprentice

Thank you, very helpful for me too!

Announcements