cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TS5051 'failed to acquire information on the driver and software'

CHLondon
Apprentice

Running Windows 7, trying to install a new TS5051. When I try to install the drivers either via CD or internet download, and running as administrator, the process fails on Step 1 (Acquiring information on the latest driver and software. Please wait.) with the message "Failed to acquire information on the driver and software. Check network connection and try again."

There is not a network problem as Internet Explorer connects fine.

The printer works fine from a Windows 10 PC on the same wireless network, and from two Mac systems.

Using Windows Add Printer the device is seen and a description is created but it does not show on a list of printers when trying to print from inside an app, eg Word.

Windows Firewall has been turned off, and I can ping the printer's IP address.

At my wits end!

2 REPLIES 2

Chandran
Contributor

Same problem here. If teh Canon installer CD had an option to skip "check for new software" this would not be problem, but alas. My printer is TS9020. Windows 10. Dont know what to do.

Chandran
Contributor

Pixma TS9020. Ok, I found a way around. I CHECKED the "use updated software on the Internet" (even though it was unchecked) and proceeded until error message came and then UNchecked the button and then it worked. This must be a bug in teh software caching.

Announcements