cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TR8520

Kevin55
Apprentice

I just bought a Canon TR8520 Printer.  The My image Garden program keeps freezing up. I bring up task manager to close it and it list it as a 32 bit program.  My Computer is a 64 bit.  Is this the problem?  Please help.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Running a 32 bit program or application on 64bit capable hardware and OS is not a problem.  64 bit hardware and OS is backwards compatible.  This is why there is a Progams folder and Programs (x86) folder. 

As far as why your Image Garden application is freezing, you haven't provided enough information about your environment

OS Version and Build

Version of Canon Driver you are using

How is the printer connected (USB, ethernet, Wireless)

Did printing ever work without the app freezing?  Whats changed?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

HI Thanks for the reply.  I have a surface Pro 3 running  Windows 10.0.17134.648.  The version of My Image Garden is Version 3.6.1.  Im not sure how to find the diver version.  The printer is hooked up wirelessly.

The program works for a few minutes maybe then it locks up.  I can't even close it.  It seemed to do this right after initial install.  I deleted it and reinstalled off of Canon web site with the same results.

Thoughts?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements