cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TR8520 Stops printing

JasonM
Apprentice

I recently purchased the Canon TR8520.  Lately It has begun to stop printing part way through a page.  It will stop for maybe 30-45 seconds then spit the paper out.  At first it would begin printing the page again and sometimes get it the next time.  Once it couldn't get it right and it partially printed approximately 15 pages before I discovered it and stopped it.  Tonight it stopped part way through the page but quit and didn't try to reprint it.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi JasonM.

Tap the WiFi icon in the bottom-left corner of the TR8520's home screen.  If prompted to display passwords, tap Yes.  Swipe up and down to navigate through the information.

If the printer's Signal Strength is less than 70%, try moving it closer to the router / modem / access point (no closer than 2 ft).  If the signal strength is 100%, ensure the printer is at least 2 ft away from the router / modem / access point.

If the signal strength is fine, then something on the router or computer is throttling the print data.  In the case that you need to add exceptions to firewall or security settings, refer to the list of commonly used ports and programs for Canon inkjet printers.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi JasonM,

Are you using your PIXMA TR8520 wirelessly?   or with a USB cable?

What version of Windows is installed on your computer?   If using a Mac, what version of OS X is installed?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am using the printer wirelessly and I am using Windows 10.

Hi JasonM.

Tap the WiFi icon in the bottom-left corner of the TR8520's home screen.  If prompted to display passwords, tap Yes.  Swipe up and down to navigate through the information.

If the printer's Signal Strength is less than 70%, try moving it closer to the router / modem / access point (no closer than 2 ft).  If the signal strength is 100%, ensure the printer is at least 2 ft away from the router / modem / access point.

If the signal strength is fine, then something on the router or computer is throttling the print data.  In the case that you need to add exceptions to firewall or security settings, refer to the list of commonly used ports and programs for Canon inkjet printers.

My signal was low.  I had some updates done to my modem so I hope this fixes my problem going forward.  Thanks for your help.

I added exceptions for every single port on the list and mine is still doing the same thing, via USB connection, for a TS302.

Announcements