cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TR8520 Error code 2801

port3435
Apprentice

Keep getting a paper jam error in the ADF document feeder when scanning documents. No paper is found jammed in the feeder. Requires clearing the code multiple times to reset the scanner.

6 REPLIES 6

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi port3435,

If you are getting the 2801 message and it takes several times to clear the message, it sounds like there is a problem with the feeder or something has been pulled in.

You can try opening the feeder cover and pushing a folded sheet of paper into the feeder slots as far as it will go and then pulling out the paper. Once you have pushed paper into the slots and pulled it out, you can turn the printer off and on to see if the error clears and you can feed paper again.

If that does not resolve the issue, I would need some additional information to assist further. If you could reply to this message with the following information.

1. What size and type of paper are you trying to feed through the ADF?
  2. Does the paper feed into the ADF? If so, how far?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I can actually get paper to feed.  No paper jammed in the feeder that I have found in spite of the error. I have been able to get it to scan documents through the feeder, but once the scan is complete the error message appears again.  I can clear it and get it to scan again, but same error occurs.

Feeding letter size paper, 8 1/2 x 11.

Casteldc21
Apprentice
I have this exact same issue. A successful scan through the ADF then instantly error code 2801 after every successful scan! Any solutions?!

Never found a solution. Finally gave up and bought an HP unit that works flawlessly.

Casteldc21
Apprentice
Thanks for the reply. I called them up and they're sending me a new printer as it was under warranty still. Just wondering which HP printer?

OfficeJet 3830

Announcements