cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TR4520 will not scan

JillyBean4179
Apprentice

I can print to my TR4520, but can't scan from it.  When I try from the computer I get an error that it cannot communicate with scanner, and code 2,157,50.  When I try to scan from the scanner, it says "please wait a while" and then goes back to the main menu.

I know the device is working because I literally printed something, signed it, and tried to scan it to send it back, and it won't scan.  I'm following the instructions from the button in the scan utility, and have verified that my scanner is the one selected in the "scanner selection" window.  All the cables are plugged in tightly.  I don't know what else to try.

10 REPLIES 10

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi JillyBean4179,

The 2,157,50 error is an indication that the security software installed on your computer is blocking the incoming communication from the scanner of your PIXMA TR4520.  Please identify which security software suite that you have installed; McAfee, Norton, Webroot, TotalAV, etc.  You can try temporarily disabling the security software to scan or contact the vendor for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you, I almost returned my PRIXMA TR4520, so glad I found this post. I disabled Private firewall in Windows Security, now scanner worked.

My scanner stops working many times after this post, I finally gave up on the wireless and connected using USB cable to 1 laptop. Through USB connection everything worked.

I have the same issue. Scan Utility complains that it can't find the scanner. Printer is on. Printer is connected (USB only). Printer can print. Document is loaded. ScanGear reports this error code: 5,156,69. Any ideas?

Downloaded the latest drivers, installed and rebooted. No change. Norton Security is in use - should not effect USB (should it?).

Turned off Windows Firewall ... no change. Still no schmae.

Hi ddachtera,

There are two errors posted in this thread, 5,156,69 and 5,157,59.  Which one are you experiencing?

Also, do you own the PIXMA TR4520?  If not , what model do you have?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello, Patrick,

My error code is 5,156,69. Pixma is TR4520.

Software / drivers reinstalled multiple times - no change.

CSouthwick
Apprentice

I have the same problem, but my error code is 5,157,69. Help please. I turned off the Windows Security Firewall, but that did not fix the problem.

Hi CSouthwick,

The 5,157,69 error is an indication that the driver needs to be reinstalled.

You can download the latest driver here:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/tr-s...

Announcements