cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TR4520 Problems After Replacing Ink Cartridges

jeffy3
Apprentice

The ink that came with this printer ran out yesterday and I replaced both with Remanufactured Ink Cartridges.  The printer app shows both ink levels are fine but when I tried to print I would either get error 5200 or after rebooting the printer it would go through the motions of printing but come out pretty much blank except for some ink smears.   Nozzle test was run and came out pretty much blank except for some faint colors.  Trying to run CLEAN or DEEP CLEAN results in error 5200.  

I unplugged the printer overnight and today when I turned it back on I ran a test page and it came out beautifully.  So then I tried to print a word document and it was back to just smudges.  Nozzle test again came out pretty much blank, and CEAN or DEEP CLEAN showing Error 5200.  

What the heck!?

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Unplugging and reconnecting to power is the recommended reset procedure for the 5200 error. 

You may want to try Canon Inks if you aren't getting the results you expect from a 3rd party cartridge.

Error 5200

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Darius
Whiz

Hi jeffy3.

For help resolving the 5200 error, you will need to contact our phone-based support.  Phone-based support is available at 1-800 OK CANON (1-800-652-2666) 8 am to 8 pm Eastern Time, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).  It is possible that the problem is being caused by the remanufactured ink cartridges; as recommended above, replacing one or both with Canon Genuine inks may correct the problem.

In the case that compatible Canon Genuine inks are not available in your area, Canon supplies and accessories can be purchased online at http://shop.usa.canon.com/, or by calling 1-800-385-2155 to speak to a Canon Direct Representative. 

Announcements