cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma MX922 won't connect to wireless

thfrieden4
Apprentice

My Canon Pixma MX922 won't connect to my wireless connection. All my other wireless devices are working properly. This is the same wireless connection the printer has been on for a year. I can't get it to connect to my hot spot either. It detects the wireless but won't connect. I get the "Connecting to access point..." message for a long time and then it times out. Help! 

22 REPLIES 22

Hi,

Since you have a new internet provider, check to make sure your network is not running WPA/WPA2 or WPA2/WPA3. If it is, the printer will not be able to connect. You will need to log into your router as administrator and change the security to just WPA2 and then reconnect the printer. 

After the printer is connected, you can change the security setting on your router back to what is was. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

incubus442
Apprentice

I am having the same problem.  I called Canon for technical support and they told me that the MX922 printer can only connect through 2.4ghz wifi.  And it turns out that my router (which is pretty old) is having problems sending the 2.4ghz signal.  So if your router/modem only supports 5ghz, you will need to get a dual band router.  Hope this helps.

daworm1847
Apprentice
I need to Correct my User Name.

vbharley
Apprentice

I'm having the same problem.  I have TWO MX922's and one works and the other doesn't.  I spent 1 hour witrh tech support today and they said it wasn't the printer since I was able to print from my iPhone.  What a crock.  This printer has worked yesterday and trhen poof it stopped working.  I connected the 2nd one and works just fine.  THIS MAKES no SENSE.  

The Pixma MX922 will only connect to 2.4ghz WIFI.  If your router only sends 5ghz WIFI, then you will need to get a dual signal WIFI router.  That should fix the issue. 

my router is dual band. and it won't connect to 2.4

Hi vbharley,

I understand you have two MX922 printers; however, one of them is not communicating over the network. To troubleshoot this issue please perform the following steps.

Turn off the current network-connected MX922 printer.

The following steps will be performed on the printer not currently connected to the network:

These steps will walk you through resetting the network card on the printer, adjusting two of the communication communication settings, followed by attempting to connect the printer to the network via Standard Setup.

Resetting the Netwrk Card

1. Press the MENU button.
  2. Press the DOWN arrow 7 times to SETUP, press OK.
  3. Press the LEFT arrow 1 time to DEVICE SETTINGS, press OK.
  4. Press the DOWN arrow 7 times to RESET SETTINGS, press OK.
  5. Press the DOWN arrow 1 time to LAN SETTINGS ONLY, press OK.
  6. The message, “Reset settings?” will appear on the screen, press the UP arrow 1 time to YES, press OK.
  7. The message, “Following is completed.” will appear on the screen, press OK.
  8. LAN SETTINGS ONLY will return to the screen, press the BACK button 1 time to DEVICE SETTINGS.
  9. Press the UP arrow 5 times to LAN SETTINGS, press OK.
  10. Press OK for CHANGE WIRELESS/WIRED.
  11. Press the UP arrow to WIRELESS LAN ACTIVE, press OK.

Adjusting Communication Settings

1. Press the DOWN arrow 3 times to OTHER SETTINGS, press OK.
  2. Press the DOWN arrow 1 time to TCP/IP SETTINGS, press OK.
  3. Press the DOWN arrow 1 time to IPv6, press OK.
  4. Press the UP arrow 1 time to YES, press OK.
  5. Press OK for ENABLE/DISABLE IPv6.
  6. Press the DOWN arrow 1 time to DISABLE, press OK.
  7. Look at the screen to confirm that the setting has been changed.
  8. Press the BACK button 2 times returning to the OTHER SETTINGS menu.

Once the IPv6 setting has been disabled, the Wireless LAN DRX Settings will need to be disabled. Please perform the following steps to disable the Wireless LAN DRX Settings.

1. Press the DOWN arrow 5 times to WIRELESS LAN DRX SETTINGS, press OK.
  2. Press the DOWN arrow 1 time to DISABLE, press OK.
  3. Press the BACK button 1 time returning to the LAN SETTINGS menu.

Wireless Setup via Standard Setup

1. Press the UP arrow 2 times to WIRELESS LAN SETUP, press OK.
  2. If a WPS-enabled wireless router is nearby, a message will appear on the screen telling you to press the WPS button on the router, then the OK button on the printer. Instead, press and release the STOP button.
  3. Once the screen appears with a yellow box around STANDARD SETUP, press OK.
  4. The printer will search for nearby networks. After it has finished searching, a list of nearby networks will appear on the screen. Use the UP and DOWN arrows to select your network name from the list, press OK.
  5. If your router has a password, Enter Passphrase will appear on the screen, press OK (This may be also referred to network key or password).
  6. The character entry screen will appear, use the ARROW keys to get to the character you need, press OK to select the character. By default, lower-case letters will be on the screen.
    1. If you need upper-case letters or numbers and symbols, press the middle FUNCTION button below the screen. (Each time you press the FUNCTION key it will transition in the following order: lower-case letters | upper-case letters | numbers and symbols).
    2. By chance, you need to delete a character, press the right FUNCTION button below DEL. CHARACTER.
  7. Once the password is in the white bar at the top of the window, press the left FUNCTION button under DONE twice.
  8. The printer will attempt to connect to the network.
  9. When the printer connects to the network, press OK.
  10. Press the COPY button.

With the printer connected to then network, attempt to print a test page from your mobile device.  After a successful test print. Turn the previous MX922 back on. 

Didn't work

Problem ended being in setting the wireless link itself.  Took me several tries to get the code entered to complete the connection.

How did you correct the problem?  Nothing that Cannon recommends will work. 

Announcements